Accounts Receivable Specialist
We’re looking for a bright, motivated team player with the skills and experience to manage our accounts receivable.
About the Dance of the Deer Foundation:
Founded in 1979 by world renowned shaman, teacher, and author Brant Secunda, the Dance of the Deer Foundation organizes programs around the globe to share the ancient wisdom of shamanism and support the cultural survival of the indigenous Huichol tribe in Mexico.
Our team is expanding, and we’re looking for a new team member to spearhead our accounts receivable processes. If you have experience with accounting, enjoy talking with people as much as crunching numbers and love working for a cause, this position may be for you.
About the Position:
As Accounts Receivable Specialist, you’ll be in charge of maintaining accounting records, communicating with customers regarding invoicing matters and processing payments. This requires a highly organized mindset, a comfort with accounting software, and a proven ability to communicate professionally and compassionately.
- Remote Work Opportunity.
- Compensation dependent on experience & skill-set.
We’d like to see:
- 3+ years of work experience related to accounting and/or communications.
- A kind, fun, adaptable, talented person — able to work well & mesh with a team.
- Concrete understanding of popular accounting software (Quickbooks, Freshbooks, etc.).
- A love for nature and an affinity for global cultures.
- Able to take suggestions & give suggestions naturally.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented, with solid organizational & record keeping skills.
- Strong initiative — you’ll design and pitch marketing plans.
- Take ownership — proactively look for opportunities enhance workflows and processes.
- Punctual — attending regular meetings required.
- An independent self-starter — you don’t need to be micro-managed & you can potentially work remotely.
Perks About This Position:
- Opportunity to utilize the best technology, applications, and tools available.
- Flexible schedule / hours.
- Remote work opportunities
- Competitive compensation.
- Computer allowance & other perks.